1 Garlic bulb
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
1 Tsp fresh rosemary chopped
1/4 Tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 Yellow onion diced
5-6 Dried shiitake mushrooms chopped
1 Celery stalk diced
1 Carrot diced
4 Cups cooked navy beans or great Northern beans
3 Cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°. Slice the tops off the head of garlic and place it on a baking sheet. Drizzle garlic bulbs with olive oil about 1 tsp . Roast the garlic for 30 minutes until soft and aromatic.
2. Remove garlic from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Once the garlic has cooled slightly, peel the garlic cloves and set a side.
3. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes and onion cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, roasted garlic, shiitake mushrooms, rosemary and thyme. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the beans and chicken stock or veggie stock and simmer for 10–15 minutes to allow the flavors to mix and reduced slightly.
5. In blender purée soup in small batches until completely smooth. Season with salt and white pepper to desired taste. Serve super hot in bowl in garnish with Arugula sprouts , Seeds, herbs and olive oil if desired.
Love it , Share it!