2 Tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp coconut butter
1/2 cup roasted peanuts or roasted cashews
1 yellow onion diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh ginger or 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric or ground turmeric
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground morita chili or red chili flakes
1 tsp coriander
1 1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
2 tsp tomato paste
1 sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
4 cup chicken stock or veggie stock
1 cup full fat coconut milk from can
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp honey for extra sweetness (optional)
1/4 tsp ground cloves (optional)
Garnish: Micro greens, crushed peanuts, sweet potato chips, coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1. Heat coconut or olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Sauté onions until lightly browned, add in the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, Morita chili ,turmeric, cloves and tomato paste. Sauté together for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add in the diced tomatoes and sweet potatoes, continue to sauté for about five minutes so flavor can develop.
4. Add the chicken or veggie stock, coconut milk, coconut butter, honey and roasted peanuts: bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the soup from heat, working in batches purée soup using blender until smooth add salt and pepper to taste. (add extra chicken stock for desired thickness)
6. Serve soup in medium size bowl and garnish with Micro greens, sweet potato chips, crushed peanuts and Coconut oil or olive oil. Enjoy
Love it, Share it!