FOR BUTTERFLIED CHICKEN
1. Butterfly the chicken: remove the chicken giblets. Gently pack the chicken dry with paper towel. Place the whole chicken breast side down over large cutting board. Using a pair of kitchen shears to cut down each side of the backbone from the cavity up to the neck. Make a shallow incision cut in the cartilage of the back of the breastbone and use your hands to gently press both sides down to flatten the chicken.
2. Season the chicken: place Green Harissa in a small bowl. Flipped the chicken (skin side up) Using your fingers gently separate the skin from the meat to create small pockets. Be careful not to tear the skin. Tuck wings of the chicken behind the breast.
3. Gently spoon the Green Harissa under the skin and use your hands to gently spread the mixture throughout the chicken. Using the rest of the green Harissa rub the outer skin and the back of the chicken. Marinate the chicken overnight if desired. (Drizzle a little extra olive oil on chicken and season with salt and pepper before roasting)
4. Preheat oven to 425°F (regular oven) or 400°F (convection oven). Please the chicken skin side up on top of a wire rack over A large pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the sheet pan and loosely covered the wings and any other spots that are getting Bruyne to quickly with aluminum foil so they don’t get burned.
5. Bake chicken for an additional 20 minutes or until the breast meat reaches 145°F and the thigh meat reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.