2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 cup. water or vegetable stock
1 cup. green lentils
1 cup. quinoa
2 cup. cauliflower florets
1 yellow onion diced
1 cup. baby spinach
2 medium carrots diced
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 tbsp. sage finely chopped
2 tbsp. parsley finely chopped
1/2 cup. leeks cut into fine strips (optional)
1. Place the lentils in a small saucepan with lid with 2 cups of the water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain the lentils and set them aside.
2. In a large sauté pan with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and minced garlic; cook until the onions and garlic are golden brown. Sprinkle the onions, garlic mixture with a teaspoon of salt and pepper as they cook and then set them aside.
3. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over high heat. Add diced carrots and broccoli florets, sauté vegetables until brown but still firm.
4. Pour the remaining 2 cups of water into a sauce pan, bring the water or stock to a boil over high heat stir in quinoa and then reduce the heat to low and simmer until quinoa is fully cooked about 15 minutes.
5. In a large pot mix all ingredients over medium high heat until hot and spinach is wilted, add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve with poached or sunny side up egg on top.
NOTE: If you would like to garnish the dish with fried leeks please follow the following instructions:
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat (to 375 degrees F) in a small saucepan. When a small piece of leek bubbles vigorously, the oil is ready. Fry the leeks in batches until they are golden brown. Transfer the onions to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil and sprinkle on top of dish.
Love it , Share it!