1. Place blueberries, thyme, lemon zest, shallots and Cayenne pepper into a small sauce pan, add water to the pan just enough to cover the bottom.
2. Cook the mixture over medium heat until blueberries are soft and thickened.
3. Place 1/2 cup of the blueberry mixture into a blender with your olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Blend on high until well combined.
4. Allow your blueberry vinaigrette to cool, store in a glass jar in your refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
5. You will have 1/2 cup of blueberry mixture left over. You can freeze it for other uses or for your next batch of vinaigrette.
Love it, Share it!